Guide to Internships at Jet.comTweet
Jet.com is an ecommerce company that recently got acquired by Walmart, and is currently challenging Amazon in the E-Commerce space. Jet differentiates itself from other ecommerce sites by returning more saving to its customers by implementing a smart cart feature, encouraging buying in bulk, purchasing with debit card, waiving return rights, and excluding membership fees.
- Industry: E-Commerce
- Founded: 2013
- Type: Subsidary of Walmart, Privately Traded
- Headquarters: 221 River St, Hoboken, NJ 07030 United States
- Company Size: 1000+ Employees
- Average Employee Age: 26
- Tech Stack: F#, AngularJS, Redis, Kafka, Microsoft SQL, Azure, .NET
How to get an interview?
- Apply Online
- Career Fairs: Columbia University, University of Pennsylvania, Harvard University, Cornell University, Stevens Institute of Technology, Rutgers University
- Employee Referral
- Application Opening: Early January
- Internship Locations: Hoboken NJ, Kansas City KS
- Internship Length: 10 weeks
- Housing Stipend: $2400 monthly
- Intern Class Size: 40
- Human Resources phone screen to check for culture fit, and knowledge of Jet.com.
- Technical interview over Google Hangouts. Expect 30 minutes of resume screening and two coding questions over collabedit for remaining 30 minutes.
- Technical interview with hiring manager usually a director of engineering. During this interview expect behavioral and white board coding questions.
Previous Intern Experiences
Software Engineering Intern
- Develop order details page that processes events from the back-end event stream to display the details of an order to merchants
- Created a new retailer landing page with mobile-first responsive design
- Improve 404 error pages.
- Contribute to cloud delivery platform (Azure PaaS, Docker, Mesos+Marathon, Ansible)
- Contribute to critical distributed data stores (Kafka, Elastic Search, Redis, Event Store, Consul, Zookeeper)
- Improve throughput of web scraper
- Collect and utilize click data to improve placement of products
Data Science Intern
- Analyze search data to improve accuracy of search results
- Analyze and interpret product sales data
Design / User Research Intern
- Leverage customer insights to create a better shopping experiences
- Conduct weekly in person user-testing studies
- Collaborate on a research piece that explores how the aging population shops
- Work with third party vendors and merchandisers
|Software Engineering Intern - Hourly||$35|
|Data Science Intern||$30|