Guide to Internships at FacebookTweet
Facebook is the largest social media platform in the world - 1 in 6 people in the world use Facebook. In recent years Facebook has made some key acquisitions such as Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus. Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected.
- Industry: Social Media, Communication
- Founded: 2004
- Type: Publicly Traded
- Headquarters: Facebook Headquarters 1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025 United States
- Company Size: 15,000+ Employees
- Average Employee Age: 27
How to get an interview?
- Apply Online
- Career Fairs: University of Michigan, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Stanford University
- Employee Referral
- Application Opening: Early August
- Internship Locations: Menlo Park CA, Seattle WA, New York NY, Boston MA
- Internship Length: 12 weeks
- Housing Stipend: Corporate Housing
- Intern Class Size: 700
- Talk to engineer at career fair or over the phone about experience, interests, side projects
- On-campus interview or phone interview for 45 minutes. Expect one difficult technical question.
- On-site interview in Menlo Park. Only one 45-minute interview, covered 2 moderate technical questions.
Previous Intern Experiences
Software Engineering Intern
- Add functionality for pinned comments on Live Facebook videos. (React, PHP)
- Build spam and malware analysis tools
- Create a system for more efficient user question resolution
- Implement a pipeline and related analytics tools for personalized News Feed ranking
Product Design Intern
- Design posters and apparel for internal events
- Design new messaging features
|Software Engineering Intern - Hourly||$50|