Guide to Internships at AmazonTweet
Amazon aims to be Earth’s most customer-centric company online store, and is currently the world’s most popular e-commerce platform. Amazon.com strives to gives customers - low prices, vast selection, and convenience. Amazon has expanded into many fields releasing services such as AWS and products like Amazon Alexa.
- Industry: Internet, E-Commerce
- Founded: 1994
- Type: Publicaly Traded
- Headquarters: 123 Boren Seattle, WA 98109 United States
- Company Size: 10,000+ Employees
- Average Employee Age: 27
- Tech Stack: Java, C++, Pearl, Python, jMock
How to get an interview?
- Apply Online
- Career Fairs: University of California Berkeley, University of California Davis, University of California Irvine, University of California San Diego, University of Washington Seattle
- Employee Referral
- Application Opening: Year around, most recruiting begins November
- Internship Locations: Seattle WA, San Francisco CA, Mountain View CA, Irvine CA, New York City NY
- Internship Length: 12 weeks
- Housing Stipend: $2500 monthly
- Intern Class Size: 1600 total interns
- Coding challenge that will involve debugging.
- Technical phone interview over the phone and collabedit. Expect medium Leetcode problems.
Previous Intern Experiences
Software Development Intern
- Development of the Kindle metrics dashboard using Flask (Python)
- Contribute to Relational Database Services (RDS) team within Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Work on RDS frameworks and developer tools
- Making modifications to support the creation of database instances with specific OS instances (AWS)
- Machine Learning: develop and evaluate neural network architectures for movie and book recommendations.
- Machine Learning: develop statistical learning algorithms for predicting a customer’s gender and age from their purchase history forthe purpose of generating apparelrecommendations.
- Implement Video Ad Support in Amazon Advertising Platform.
- Design and implement GUIs for running arbitrary queries against Amazon’s massive clickstream using: Java, Google Web Toolkit, Amazon Web Services, TestNG, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, Tomcat, Hadoop, Perforce, HTML, CSS
- Machine Learning: Real time object localization and recognition with Convolutional Neural Networks.
Supply Chain and Logistics
- Optimize transportation flow from distribution center to end consumer.
- Develop analytical models to decrease transportation cost in operational regions within specific carrier constraints.
- Model large scale supply-chain problems of Amazon centers in Seattle, WA
- Apply classical Operational Research techniques (for e.g. column generation) to solve efficiently the IP formulation
- Perform experiments on forecast and historical data and find places for improvement
|Software Development Intern - Hourly||$45|